Visit the CELAG
CAUTION : open only Saturday afternoon from 14 H till 18 H. To come at another time, thank you to contact us by email at least a week before email@example.com
||Centre d'Etudes et de Loisirs Aérospatiaux de Grenoble
Aérodrome du Versoud
38420 LE VERSOUD
Phone : 04 76 77 27 57
Open : Saturday afternoon from 14 H till 18 H
Located within a exceptional surroundings at approximately 15 km from Grenoble, the Le Versoud platform offers all the infrastructure essential to light aviation. Controlled ground, it accomodates many activities :
- 5 flying club,
- a gliding club,
- the gliding section of the Ecole des Pupilles de l'Air (School of the Pupils of Air Force),
- a microlighting club,
- an Veritas approved aeronautical maintenance firm
- the company of air work by helicopter Heli-Union,
- a helicopters base of Sécurité Civile,
- a "PGHM" : Peloton de Gendarmerie de Haute Montagne (High Mountain Group of Gendarmerie)
- and of course the CELAG and its activities : Model aircraft making, Amateur Plane building and Helicopters Restoration.
By the Terrestrial way: with horse, with bicycle, with bus or in car
Comming from northwest - London, Paris, Lyon, Bourg en Bresse - or from southwest - Bordeaux, Toulouse, Montpellier, Montélimar, Valence :
- from national highway N85 or N75 or N92 or N532 : take motorway A48 (free section) on interchange of Chevallon de Voreppe immediately after toll then see hereafter.
- from motorways A48 or A49 : follow direction "Grenoble-centre"-"Rocade Sud" - "Chambéry" by A480 on interchange 10 after interchange "St Egreve" N°14. On interchange N°5 follow direction "Rocade Sud" - "Chambéry" by A41. At end of Rocade Sud take motorway A41 direction "Chambery" - "Genève". Exit on exit N°25 "Domène" then refer to the map on right of this text...
Comming from south-southest - Marseille, Toulon, Nice, Gap, Sisteron, Briançon :
- from national highway N85 or N75 or N91 : take motorway A51 (free section) on interchage of Vif or of Pont de Claix then see hereafter.
- from motorway A51 : follow direction "Grenoble-centre"-"Rocade Sud" - "Chambéry" by A480. On interchange N°5 follow direction "Rocade Sud" - "Chambéry" by A41. En fin de la Rocade Sud prendre l'autoroute A41 direction "Chambery" - "Genève". At end of Rocade Sud take motorway A41 direction "Chambery" - "Genève". Exit on exit N°25 "Domène" then refer to the map on right of this text...
Comming from northest - Geneva, Torino, Annecy, Chambery, Albertville :
- from national highway N90 or secondary road D532 : take motorway A41 (free section) on interchange of Crolles then see hereafter.
- from motorway A41 : follow direction "Grenoble". Exit on exit N°25 "Domène" and turn left like indication on plan above. Follow the plan...
With bus comming from Grenoble's train station or from main bus station :
- take bus-line VFD 604, departure from main bus station, take down at bus-stop "La Charrière".
- from bus-stop "La Charrière", take Saintt Exupéry street, take left from shopping center, perpendicularly at road D523. Take left after railroad, then take first right street. Whole distance from "La Charrière" : about 1,5 km.
- Bus frequency (approximately informations) :
- 20 bus / day form 06h00 to 20h15 during school period (week)
- 15 bus / day form 06h00 to 19h15 during school holidays (week)
- 15 bus / day form 06h00 to 19h15 saturday (all periods)
- 6 bus / day forme 08h00 to 18h00 sunday and national holiday (all periods)
Direction Grenoble - Le Versoud or Le Versoud - Grenoble.
Informations : www.vfd.fr or 0 820 833 833 (0,79 FF / minute).
Download Acces plan Acrobat PDF format : 30 Ko
On the airfield :
- Free carpark and bicycles park,
- a bar-restaurant is open every day except Tuesday, from 9 till 19 hours
- Equestrian club near for those come to horse ;-)
By the Airs : in plane or in helicopter
- LAT: 45 13 09 N - LONG: 005 50 59 E - ALT: 722 feet
- Radio obligatory, ATIS: 125.225 - control tower : 121.000 - phone : 04.76.77.25.73
- Runway 05 (044°) & 23 (224°)
- Landing strip 900 x 30 m + grass landing strip 900 x 80 m
- Weather Service Grenoble : 08.36.68.02.38
The aircraft can use a hard landing strip of 900x30 meters and a grass landing strip of 900 x 80 meters, directed in the direction of dominant winds (05/23).
The ground is not approved for night flight, except some days for based planes.
A bar-restaurant is open every day except Tuesday, from 9 till 19 hours
Refuelling is possible every day (including Sunday and legal holidays) at the business hours (100 LL and Jet A1).
For nuisance reasons and strong traffic (gliders, microlighting, planes, helicopters), it is imperative to respect scrupulously the landing instructions and the circuit indicated on VAC map on Iser'ULM web site
Attention also with the vertical axis flies installations between 2000 and 5000 feet.
The overflight of all the zones located at the North of the motorway A41 Grenoble-Chambéry is strongly disadvised.
From or bound for all the Western sector, the overflight of Grenoble and its suburbs must be done "with a sufficient height compatible with takeoff and landing procedures": in the regular manner 5000 feet, minimum 3000 feet in approach or takeoff phase.
Text comming from web site of the Aéroclub du Dauphiné
Copyright CELAG 2000-2004 - Drawings and Photographs are properties of their authors and are not free - firstname.lastname@example.org